Saturday, January 14, 2006

A Few Lists

Hi Everyone! Sorry I missed yesterday's post. Things were pretty busy. I've been working hard on math and I spent a long time cooking and talking to people on Skype! It was nice to talk to them, but I was computered out. Anyway, rather than give a detailed account of everything I did (which you are probably sick of already), this post will consist mainly of some lists.

Things about Finland you might not expect

  • The produce is exceptionally good
  • There are slot machines in grocery stores, bars, and restaurants
  • It is really really dry
  • Smoking is banned in most places but everyone ignores that
  • The clouds seem to move very fast


Things I brought that I wish I hadn't

  • My boots. They are awesome and sturdy but I can't put them on due to my injured foot.
  • My really heavy winter coat. I haven't worn it yet, because my REI groove jacket is super warm and wind and waterproof. A few layers under it will keep me toasty.
  • A dress shirt. No use for it here.


Things I didn't bring that I wish I had

  • My running shoes
  • My slippers
  • A good kitchen knife
  • A nice set of sheets
  • More long undershirts
  • More math books
  • More wool socks
  • A bookbag
  • A bike tool


I could continue, but I've got run now. I miss you folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home